BFG Refurb 1000 Watt PS - 49.99 + 5 shipping

killdrith

Gawd
https://www.geeks.com/woot/

Yes, it's a BFG so the manufacturer warranty will not work.
Yes, It's a refurb power supply.
^ is what the first 50 posts will echo, so you should be well informed.

Regardless, if you're up for the risks involved, odds are it can turn out well.
I'm picking one up for testing purposes.

at least it's one of their high end units
that said i'm really tempted, i wonder if you can squaretrade it. That may be rather worth it.

at least it's one of their high end units
that said i'm really tempted, i wonder if you can squaretrade it. That may be rather worth it.

Since the 90-day warranty is through Geeks, you should be able to extend it using ST, yes...

(If I'm wrong, I'd be surprised... You're not buying a no-warranty part, you're buying a refurb with a 90-day through Geeks...)

ST just quoted me @ $9.99 for a one-year warranty...

Since the 90-day warranty is through Geeks, you should be able to extend it using ST, yes...

(If I'm wrong, I'd be surprised... You're not buying a no-warranty part, you're buying a refurb with a 90-day through Geeks...)

ST just quoted me @ $9.99 for a one-year warranty...

thats really not bad for a 1k from bfg's actual good line of psu's, might bite on it.

Wow. Thanks for the post! I'm in for 1. Makes ure you use the "POWERWOOT" discount code. Shame BFG went out of biz, but their high-end PSU's were remarkable.

I've been without a PSU for a week since I've sent my Corsair TX750 in for RMA/Warranty.

This will do nicely, and I can use the TX750 in a future build (whenever I get it back).

Thanks op, in for one...will make a good back up psu if my Corsair needs to be rma'd.

In for one... The ThermalTake TruePower in my daughter's rig just went belly up last week...

hmm good price, but I dont have a need for one. [H]ard gave it a pass, so I will pass as well.

Am I missing something? I clicked on the deal and it says it's $79.99. Same price when I add it to the cart. Says "welcome woot members" and "woot price". Is this why? I really want to jump on this.

Also, anyone have any reviews on this PSU? I'd look for myself if I wasn't on my phone right now.

Thanks for any help!

Am I missing something? I clicked on the deal and it says it's $79.99. Same price when I add it to the cart. Says "welcome woot members" and "woot price". Is this why? I really want to jump on this.

Also, anyone have any reviews on this PSU? I'd look for myself if I wasn't on my phone right now.

Thanks for any help!

Did you use the code "POWERWOOT" per what the website says?

Wow, I would have been all over that if I hadn't bought one for $120 when BestBuy cleared them out. I'd definitely buy the secondary warranty if available but still a great deal.

nice deal for sure. Worth the gamble for a good 1kw psu.

Did you use the code "POWERWOOT" per what the website says?

Ahh, didn't see it when I was on my phone. Thanks!

How bout the link right over your post?

Go "POWERWOOT"! :D

We posted at the same time, so it wasn't there when I was typing out my post :p. Thanks though!

And thanks to you OP! My Cooler Master 850w needs to be sent in for RMA for the fan rattling, so this will be nice to hold me over :D.

Last edited:
Shame BFG went out of biz, but their high-end PSU's were remarkable.

I've been without a PSU for a week since I've sent my Corsair TX750 in for RMA/Warranty.

This will do nicely, and I can use the TX750 in a future build (whenever I get it back).

Just an FYI that the BFG is a quad-rail PSU, while your 750TX is a single rail...

Up to how you use it, but even though the BFG is 1KW, it's not necessarily preferable to your 750W Corsair...

(I did not purchase it based on the BFG not being a single rail, FWIW... But it's still a good deal, if your usage allows...)

Just an FYI that the BFG is a quad-rail PSU, while your 750TX is a single rail...

Up to how you use it, but even though the BFG is 1KW, it's not necessarily preferable to your 750W Corsair...

(I did not purchase it based on the BFG not being a single rail, FWIW... But it's still a good deal, if your usage allows...)

single rail or multi rail, either one is good.

some myth about multi-rail isn't that good for overclock is a myth, unless you have a really crappy one, otherwise it will not affect it..

Also, how do you get one year warranty? :confused:

Picked one up. Dont need it, since i have a Zalman 750watt. But just in case.

single rail or multi rail, either one is good.

some myth about multi-rail isn't that good for overclock is a myth, unless you have a really crappy one, otherwise it will not affect it..

I never mentioned OCing. Not a myth though as far as multi-HD file servers are concerned.

Also, how do you get one year warranty? :confused:

Read the thread?

Killer deal. I don't need it, but its always good to have a spare laying around so I'm in for one. Thanks for the heads up!

Did anyone else that ordered this get theirs in yet? I just got mine today and will hopefully install it tonight to make sure it works alright. Then I'll start the RMA on my current PSU. I just wanted to see if anyone else has gotten theirs and see if they had any problems. I'll post back tonight or tomorrow with my results :).

Did anyone else that ordered this get theirs in yet? I just got mine today and will hopefully install it tonight to make sure it works alright. Then I'll start the RMA on my current PSU. I just wanted to see if anyone else has gotten theirs and see if they had any problems. I'll post back tonight or tomorrow with my results :).

Mine should be here on the 30th - What kind of condition was the PSU in? I've heard of people receiving pretty beat-up PSUs from BFG on RMAs at the end, so I'm hoping these are in better shape...

Wow - just noticed that I'm at 10.0 years...that's a long time to be posting at the same place....

got mine a couple days ago, it's been running just fine and I'm liking it :D
My PSU looks pretty damn good imo, probably only an eighth of an inch scuff on an edge from previous mounting but the rest is a nice glossy black finish.
The main cables attached to the power supply was all I needed to power my system.

Mine should be here on the 30th - What kind of condition was the PSU in? I've heard of people receiving pretty beat-up PSUs from BFG on RMAs at the end, so I'm hoping these are in better shape...

Wow - just noticed that I'm at 10.0 years...that's a long time to be posting at the same place....

Mine looked brand new. No scratches, scuffs or fingerprints on the PSU itself, but it looked like the instruction booklet had been handled before at some point, which I don't care about. All the cables looked brand new and still zip tied up too. It came in a plain black box though with a sticker that just had its model number and some other info on it. Also, tracking said mine would arrive on the 30th too, but it came today, which was a nice surprise, heh.

got mine a couple days ago, it's been running just fine and I'm liking it :D
My PSU looks pretty damn good imo, probably only an eighth of an inch scuff on an edge from previous mounting but the rest is a nice glossy black finish.
The main cables attached to the power supply was all I needed to power my system.

Thanks a lot for the feedback. It seemed like the main cables had plenty of connectors on it to me too. I'll prolly have to use the extra PCI-E cables for my 2nd 285 though.

Just curious as to what you're running with it though? Have you stress tested or put it under heavy load at all since you've installed it?

got mine today.. ran without a hitch. The attached cables + one SATA were all i needed. The PSU was flawless cosmetically and seems great internally so far.

got mine today.. ran without a hitch. The attached cables + one SATA were all i needed. The PSU was flawless cosmetically and seems great internally so far.

Nice, thanks. Already updated your sig with it, eh? hah ;)

Shipping via Fed Ex to me. Shipped from Cali to NY. still waiting for it... I hate Fed Ex... there so slow.

Shipping via Fed Ex to me. Shipped from Cali to NY. still waiting for it... I hate Fed Ex... there so slow.

Mine shipped the day this thread was posted and I got it today. I'm also in NY, just 40 mins north of NYC, heh.

I just got this PSU installed and got both of my GTX 285s and my i7 920 OC'd to 3.9 GHz folding on all threads right now. Working great so far. The only minor issue I had installing it is that the 8-pin CPU power connector (that plugs in at the top of the mobo) wouldn't reach around the mobo tray in my HAF X (which is a huge case though and the PSU mounts at the bottom of it), it was just like an inch short :mad:. So I had to unscrew the top mobo screws so I could push it through the CPU bracket access hole, up around the mobo so it would reach the connector. It's nice to not hear the damn fan rattle like my old PSU was doing now though :D.

As long as it holds out a month or so until my 850w PSU gets back, I'll be happy. It'll be tortured 24/7 until then, heh. I'll post back too if I have any issues.

Last edited:
Back