343 Industries Cracks Down on Halo 4 Sexism

Guys have already started recording videos and reporting other guys saying sexist/derogatory things to other guys

343's reaction so far has been......

Fucking nothing.

No really. Fucking nothing. They have tons of youtube video evidence of guys bashing on other guys, but they don't give a fuck.

Why?

Cause its men attacking men, and their policy was only created for men attacking woman.

Double standards ahead!

Looking at that article, the two people in charge of this are both women. Probably are scumbag feminists.

Also, feminism is the funniest concept ever made. We are the only nation stupid enough to even think of this and/or accept it :rolleyes:

Woman: *Ahem* I Would like all the pro's that come with being a man.

Man: "Ok - I will be taking all of those pro's of being a woman from you - and you will also receive the con's of being a man"

Woman: "Oh no thats ok - I'll just take the pro's, I don't want the con's - and I'll definitely be keeping the good parts of being a woman too!"

Exactly. They only want equality when it benefits them.

Exactly. They only want equality when it benefits them.

Actually men's rights groups had to -FIGHT- with Wikipedia because for ages Feminism was "The fight for woman to get equal rights as men" while the article for Masculism was "Often the practice of Misogynists towards woman"

After men's rights groups bitched for -AGES- about how this was flat out bullshit, they took out the Misogynist quote, and instead stuck the Websters dictionary response up of "Masculism may instead refer to antifeminism and advocacy of male superiority and dominance"

AGAIN men's right groups were outraged, which they should be, so they added the -PROPER- Oxford description of " "Advocacy of the rights of men; adherence to or promotion of opinions, values, etc., regarded as typical of men; (more generally) anti-feminism, machismo." but the page gets fucking vandalized every ten seconds that "Masculism is misogynist men!"

Actually men's rights groups had to -FIGHT- with Wikipedia because for ages Feminism was "The fight for woman to get equal rights as men" while the article for Masculism was "Often the practice of Misogynists towards woman"

After men's rights groups bitched for -AGES- about how this was flat out bullshit, they took out the Misogynist quote, and instead stuck the Websters dictionary response up of "Masculism may instead refer to antifeminism and advocacy of male superiority and dominance"

AGAIN men's right groups were outraged, which they should be, so they added the -PROPER- Oxford description of " "Advocacy of the rights of men; adherence to or promotion of opinions, values, etc., regarded as typical of men; (more generally) anti-feminism, machismo." but the page gets fucking vandalized every ten seconds that "Masculism is misogynist men!"

Here's Websters stand on Feminists

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/feminism

Odd, considering its the -OPPOSITE- of Masculism, it should read "Feminism may instead refer to antimasculism and advocacy of female superiority and dominance"

BUT NOPE!!! GOTTA LOVE THOSE DOUBLE STANDARDS!!!

Yeah, it totally makes sense that you get frustrated and mutter a "bad word" and get your account banned for it :p Maybe for those fuck'n gypsies who never say a fuck'n swear word :rolleyes:

I'm not against "be polite, no swearing, no abuse" rules, I however am against "zero tolerance" rules on things that are subjective and common place in day to day life anyway (like swearing).

There is a huge difference with simple cursing and outright directed hatred. Saying 'fuck that sucks' is in no way equivalent to 'You fucking suck you faggot cock-sucking loser'. Zero Tolerance is intendd for the latter.

There is a huge difference with simple cursing and outright directed hatred. Saying 'fuck that sucks' is in no way equivalent to 'You fucking suck you faggot cock-sucking loser'. Zero Tolerance is intendd for the latter.
And what systems do they have in place to actually check what has been said and the context in which it was said? "fucking suck...faggot cock-sucking loser" is just random swearing, "You fucking suck you faggot cock-sucking loser" is an insult, is the former ok and the second a permaban?

I'm against permaban on paid services for basically anything besides blatant cheating unless they plan on refunding you your money at the same time, and especially against permaban for something that is subjective and not easily policed. That's what temporary bans are for, even most web forums, which are completely free and at the will of the administrators and site owners have warnings first followed by temporary suspensions before perma bans for continued douche baggery.

I think people are too willing to jump on the "That's terrible! Ban/prison/execute!!!" bandwagon.

And what systems do they have in place to actually check what has been said and the context in which it was said? "fucking suck...faggot cock-sucking loser" is just random swearing, "You fucking suck you faggot cock-sucking loser" is an insult, is the former ok and the second a permaban?

I'm against permaban on paid services for basically anything besides blatant cheating unless they plan on refunding you your money at the same time, and especially against permaban for something that is subjective and not easily policed. That's what temporary bans are for, even most web forums, which are completely free and at the will of the administrators and site owners have warnings first followed by temporary suspensions before perma bans for continued douche baggery.

I think people are too willing to jump on the "That's terrible! Ban/prison/execute!!!" bandwagon.

Well thankfully you arent running a successful online community. Straight up, the online gaming community needs some SERIOUS cleaning up. If we have to revoke a few licenses to do it, so be it.

Solution: I won't play Xbox live and take my business elsewhere.

This isn't about freedom of speech, its about political correctness taken to such an extreme that they can take their crap and shove it up their collective asses.

Or people could GROW A THICKER SKIN and put their adult diapers away for a moment and realize that random banter is just that.

I guess this ranks under "first world problems" where the worst thing that can happen to someone is a kitchen joke on an online video game.

Well thankfully you arent running a successful online community. Straight up, the online gaming community needs some SERIOUS cleaning up. If we have to revoke a few licenses to do it, so be it.
It's how [H] is run as far as I'm aware (I know I've had an infraction and never been banned) as well as most forums are run of which I'm aware. There's plenty of good online communities that run on that system. And these are FREE things I'm talking about, when it comes to taking away a product which someone has actually paid for, you need to be even more careful about banning policies you put in place.
Or people could GROW A THICKER SKIN and put their adult diapers away for a moment and realize that random banter is just that.

I guess this ranks under "first world problems" where the worst thing that can happen to someone is a kitchen joke on an online video game.
Like I said earlier in the thread, I really don't care either way whether people shit talk or whether there's "be polite" and "no swearing" policies. 6 in one, half a dozen the other as far as I'm concerned. However what I do (ever so mildly) care about is permaban policies and singling out sexism over other forms of abuse and vulgarity.

Looking at that article, the two people in charge of this are both women. Probably are scumbag feminists.

Here's Websters stand on Feminists

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/feminism

Odd, considering its the -OPPOSITE- of Masculism, it should read "Feminism may instead refer to antimasculism and advocacy of female superiority and dominance"

BUT NOPE!!! GOTTA LOVE THOSE DOUBLE STANDARDS!!!

Jesus fucking Christ. This doesn't belong here or anywhere else on [H].

It seems to be successful without the political correctness gestapo.

It seems to be successful without the political correctness gestapo.

I'm not adverse to "be polite" rules. Most online communities have something like that as people can forget to be polite behind the cloak of anonymity that the internet provides and say things that they would never say in person and would be shunned if they did (or punched squarely in the nose/kick in their manhood).

However, things get heated at times, mistakes are made, people say things they regret, people report others for no good reason, what one person considers acceptable isn't what someone else thinks is acceptable, whatever system is in place is bound to have false positives and must be at the behest of some individual... there's a plethora of reasons why it should be a warning first, followed by a couple of suspensions of increasing length for continued infractions followed by banning as a last resort for people who refuse to be anything other than douchebags.

Back