[DEAD]Very [HOT] 7900X3D $330 @ Antonline

One thing to look at is open box boards. I was able to get my friend a decent B650 MSI Mag Tomahawk for 99$ open box. That's half off or so. I tested it for him and it works fine. Good shape.
I'm basically limited to the ASRock B650-E PG Riptide or MSI B650-P on the budget side due to my need of an electrical X4 slot. Slim pickings at Microcenter for those.

So a 7800X3D is better in gaming. But a 7900X3D is probably not that bad, and in some games the difference will be negligible most likely. I assume people buying a $300+ CPU are playing at 2560x1440, or 3440x1440 and higher.

Yep... and that's kind of why the 7600 is also attractive. Because you can save a lot of money going for it even from this current discount 7900X3D, and then put the money towards a GPU upgrade instead, which will mean more.

Although right now, if you live next to a Microcenter, I would be buying the crap out of the $196 7800X3D. It's as close to a no-brainer as anyone will get in this market.

but have needed more than 8 cores in the past. And could find ways to make use of them, now.

That's kind of the key. If you have a specific use case for extra cores, by all means. I'm not trying to argue against that. Just need to make it clear that caveats exist and there's a reason why many people are jumping on the 7800X3D, despite many of them (like me) having more than enough money for the 7950X3D. ie Even for people that price isn't an issue for, we're still not choosing it. The 7900X3D is on a large discount here, but it's still relatively close to the 7800X3D (actually more expensive if you're next to Microcenter), and it's not just "less money and more cores".

Yep... and that's kind of why the 7600 is also attractive. Because you can save a lot of money going for it even from this current discount 7900X3D, and then put the money towards a GPU upgrade instead, which will mean more.

Although right now, if you live next to a Microcenter, I would be buying the crap out of the $196 7800X3D. It's as close to a no-brainer as anyone will get in this market.

That's kind of the key. If you have a specific use case for extra cores, by all means. I'm not trying to argue against that. Just need to make it clear that caveats exist and there's a reason why many people are jumping on the 7800X3D, despite many of them (like me) having more than enough money for the 7950X3D. ie Even for people that price isn't an issue for, we're still not choosing it. The 7900X3D is on a large discount here, but it's still relatively close to the 7800X3D (actually more expensive if you're next to Microcenter), and it's not just "less money and more cores".
Agreed, the 7800X3D and 7700X Microcenter deals are the way to go for a pure gaming build if you can get to one. I would argue the 7700X is better ($100 cheaper) unless you're playing a lot of sim and RTS games. High resolution FPS and RPGs aren't going to benefit much from the vcache.

For online only, Newegg's 7800X3D deal is $30 more than this 7900X3D. Historically, the lowest the 7800X3D has been online is $350, which makes this the lowest online price for a Zen 4 X3D product.

Agreed, the 7800X3D and 7700X Microcenter deals are the way to go for a pure gaming build if you can get to one. I would argue the 7700X is better ($100 cheaper) unless you're playing a lot of sim and RTS games. High resolution FPS and RPGs aren't going to benefit much from the vcache.

For online only, Newegg's 7800X3D deal is $30 more than this 7900X3D. Historically, the lowest the 7800X3D has been online is $350, which makes this the lowest online price for a Zen 4 X3D product.

I would generally agree. The 7700x is really a budget gaming champ if you need more than 6 cores. I've seen them used in FS/FT for sub-$200 for those without a MC nearby. It boosts slightly higher than a 7800X3D also. Anecdotally, the 7700x I used was more memory compatibility friendly than my 7800X3D also. Plus, you have AMD's blessing on playing with PBO, etc. vs. having a more locked down CPU for undervolting or PBO (AMD limitation, not necessarily adhered to by MB manufacturers) with the 7800X3D.

I've seen the 7800X3D at $330 occasionally online FWIW, but not often enough to warrant a normal sale price. $350 is the pretty regularly available sale price.

FYI Antonline may call you after your first order. New customers get fraud alert flagged. I did. I bought from them on eBay and Newegg years ago many times(10+ transactions). Just not their standalone website. AntOnline is a midsize to large retailer now. They used to be a small business, but always reputable.

Back